In order for you to become a member of TORKS you must FIRST join the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA).
The AMA is a national-level modeling organization that organizes competition and most importantly provided each of us with $2,500,000.00 (Two Million five hundred thousand Dollars) worth of liability insurance. With new radio equipment accidents are rare but they do happen.
To join the AMA online or call them at 1-800-I-FLY-AMA (1-800-435-9262). This will cost you $75.00 a year for an adult membership($65 / year for ages 65+). They have a FREE youth membership for persons under 19 as of July 1.
Once you have your AMA membership card…
Come by the field and tell a member there you want to join. They will point you to a club officer who can get you signed up right then.
1. Please start by reading and signing ONE copy of the flying field regulations. Please keep the other copy for your own reference.
2. Next, fill out the Torks Membership Application torks-membership-application (You will need a PDF Reader)
3. Make out a check to the TORKS for the appropriate amount
4. Make a copy of your AMA card (remember you can’t fly with out it!)
5. Prepare a self-addressed stamped envelope, one that is addressed to yourself.
6. Mail all of this to the club treasurer whose address is below.
5830 NW Expressway
Oklahoma City, OK 73132
The Treasurer will send a current TORKS Membership card and a new gate lock code back to you in your SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED Envelope.